Thursday 14 February 2013

ABC Warriors Project

It has been over a month and a half since my last 2000AD desktop wallpaper was posted and I had promised more.  That month and a half has been a busy one.  There was Christmas and New Year which occupied a good few weeks of my time.  There was the nightmare prospect that my graphics tablet had reached the end of its life and it was time to buy a new one which I could not afford (eventually I found out what the problem was and managed to fix it).  Then there was the ABC project.  No, I wasn't learning to read and write, thankfully I've been able to do that for a long time now.  Nope, the ABC project was my seventh 2000AD desktop wallpaper which I planned to depict a line up of all ABC Warriors from self-named strip.  It has been a while since I've done any character work and I never felt particularly confident in doing robots.  I decided that I would do each warrior separately, so I'd have an individual picture of each of them that I could then use for the line up.  I did end up with two pairs, which would give me a total of 11 pictures.  The way I had planned the project meant I could not post anything until all the pictures were finished.  I have to admit that my planning was not the best thought out and I probably extended the project a week or two unnecessarily.  I did learn some new things and did some inks that I was very pleased with, so it wasn't a total loss (try to look for the positives).

Anyway, those of you who know the ABC Warriors and are sharp may very well say:  "Hang on, 11 pictures?  With two pairs?  That makes 13 Warriors in total, but there have been 15!"  I decided against including Nemesis and Terry on the basis that they aren't robots.

No comments:

Post a Comment